For those of you who love to travel, like myself, here are some “words to travel” by. When you travel to a new location or city, do you end up doing the “tourist” stuff? If so, read the list!
- Meet the locals and do what they do (this is especially fun when you’re in a foreign country).
- Look for a spot to eat before you’re starving.
- Pack light – if you’re not sure whether to bring it, you probably don’t need it.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- At least once, stash your guidebook, map, iPhone, and camera in the hotel room and just take a walk. This is fun!
- Leave a generous tip for your hotel housekeeper.
- When you visit a foreign country, learn a few simple phrases in the local country.
- Wear sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and a smile!